If you’ve ever been out to eat, you know there are a lot of super hot waitresses and female bartenders out there just begging be picked up by a smooth older bachelor like yourself… While most guys fumble through this process only to be gently rejected, You’re about to learn the art of picking up a hot waitress from an old pro, yours truly.
The second thing to remember is that attractive waitresses get hit on, stared at and lusted over by a lot of men each and everyday, kind of like strippers. They need to be polite, and even flirt back to keep the customers happy, but unless a guy really stands out to them, he’ll automatically be lumped in with all the other lecherous patrons.
Here are some 6 killer tips for standing out from the crowd and picking up your hot female server:
1) Don’t sweat her. Most guys make the mistake of paying too much attention to their hot waitress. They compliment her, ask her questions about her life, try to “mess with her”, and give her giant tips. These things will just make you look like every other mook customer she’s been hit on this week.
2) Be cool with her coworkers. Obviously you can’t be a dick to any of the staff or they will all hate you. If she works in a restaurant you frequent or have the ability to frequent, try making friends with the guy bartenders and managers. That way you will have social proof and they can introduce you to her as a cool guy instead of just a random customer.
3) Be original. “So, do you go to college around here?” or “Wow, that tray looks heavy” Are not lines that will work in your favor. Instead tell her something interesting about yourself that gives her a taste of who you are and what you are all about. You can also make jokes about the other bar or restaurant patrons, or whatever else is going on around you to draw her into a conversation.
4) Don’t over tip her. This might work for strippers, but a leaving $100 for a chicken sandwich and a couple bud lites is going to make you look like a desperate guy who needs to pay for female attention. 30% says I’m cool and I like you, but I’m not a loser trying to buy you.
5) Don’t order girly drinks. Don’t order a raspberry mojito, a strawberry cosmo, or any other fruity crap, and don’t ask her what to drink either. Be a man and have a beer, or some whiskey, or if you are in AA get a ginger ale. Also, don’t complain about the size or strength of your drink, the quality of the food or anything else.
6) Don’t write your number on a napkin. Back when I was bartending, you know I was calling back ALL the girls who left me little notes scribbled on napkins and credit cards slips… But if you are a guy, you really should step up and ask her out like a man. She’s working, so she needs to be polite, and she definitely won’t tell you to go screw yourself. You don’t need to be witty about it, just say “hey, you want to get a drink with me later?”