Victoria reports 1,638 new cases and two deaths; Dominic Perrottet announces adjustments to the NSW Covid roadmap – all NSW children to return to school by 25 October as state records 587 cases; French ambassador to return to Australia. Follow all the day’s news live
- NSW’s lockdown will soon lift. What restrictions change after the 70% vaccination milestone?
- Victoria vaccination rate by postcode: check the percentages in your suburb – interactive map
- NSW and Vic restrictions; Vic hotspots
- Vaccine rollout and rates tracker; Cases and data tracker
- 5km and 10km from home map: check your travel radius
- Get our free news app; get our morning email briefing
NSW has reached 70.3% double vaccination doses among its over-16s, to be confirmed later today.
Treasurer Josh Frydenberg has been doing the rounds on breakfast TV this morning, discussing the banking regulator’s tightening of mortgage rules.